Sunday, October 21, 2012

Songs, Blogs, and Weekends That Don't Go As Planned

So I sat down last weekend and wrote some of my thoughts, it's that time of year that I often get reflective, but mostly just down on myself.  I'd invited my high school friends to come up for a get away, and couldn't help feel disappointed when only one showed up.  I know they all have important things going on in their lives and I don't want to sound like a complete jerk, but it did hurt.
That being said, I did have an awesome time with Melissa, who did come up.  We talked about High School, Middle School, read through old letters, looked through old photos and just had a blast.  Found out I wasn't receiving my mail and had missing a few get-to-gethers as well.  It was a fun weekend.
When I got home I had all these thoughts and feelings swimming around and I had to get them out so I just wrote, then this weekend I put them to music.
Now I don't have the best voice and well as I've stated in previous blogs I can't articulate very well, but this is what became of my thoughts.   Don't judge, you don't even have to listen, I'm just trying to get out their.

Forever
by Brittani Johnson
I remember when you were what mattered.
When if we were together we could take on the world
We’d laugh until we cry and cry until we laugh
and everything was okay because we were friends

Then the world happened, graduations, degrees, different cities and different friends
I think back to 15 when we were together against the world.
No matter the distance, no matter the hurdle, no matter whatever
we’d tackle together cause we were friends forever

I remember when the world crashed down
When we’d call in the troops to shelter from the storm
We’d laugh until we cry and cry until we laugh
and everything was okay cause we were friends

Then the world happened, boyfriends, marriage, different cities and different goals
I think back to 17 when we were together ready to take on the world
No matter the distance, no matter the hurdle, no matter whatever
We’d grasp our dreams defended by those who have always defended us

Then I remember when I let that all fall
When I was so deep in my own hurt I sacrificed all that was said and done
I didn’t mean it, but I said it and even though it’s been so many years and
we’ve forgotten why, I still have to say I’m sorry

Because then the world happened, pain and change, different cities and different friends
Thinking back we can remember so many beautiful times, and some we should forget
No matter the distance, no matter the hurdle, no matter whatever
We’ll always be there, because you were there when everything mattered
and we are friends for forever

No comments:

Post a Comment